Technical Specialist (Health) recruitment is ongoing at Field Support Services Project (Transtec Nigeria). Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for recruitment into the vacant position.
Details of application, eligibility criteria, job descriptions and application closing date are included below. You want to know more about Nigeria Field Support Services Project (FSSP) and the recruitment, click that link.
Job Title: Technical Specialist – Health, Children, Maternal and New-born Child Health
Job Type: Consultancy
Details of Technical Specialist (Health) Recruitment at Field Support Services Project (Transtec Nigeria)
Statement of Need
- Canada’s development programme in Nigeria is primarily focused in the sectors of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH)/Human Dignity and Sustainable Economic Growth (SEG)/Growth that Works for Everyone.
- To provide access to specific local knowledge and expertise in these sectors, the Nigeria Field Support Services Project (FSSP) requires the services of a specialist to provide expert analysis and advice on relevant issues, trends and practices in Nigeria as they relate to.
Description of Activities
- The Specialist will provide technical services and advice for the Nigeria Development Programme in the areas of development performance and trend analysis, opportunity and constraint assessment, policy analysis, strategic planning, programme and project feasibility assessment, institutional capacity analysis, programme and project planning, implementation facilitation, monitoring and evaluation, gap and performance analysis, results achievement as well as lessons learned. The Specialist will provide services in the area of capacity development (training, tools and guidelines) for the Nigeria Development Program partners.
- These technical services will be undertaken through analysis of government, partner and donor documents (i.e., strategies, policies, plans, concept notes, evaluations, assessments, operational documents, budgets, progress reports, etc.), intelligence gathering, research and literature reviews, consultation with stakeholders, field visits, participation in government, donor and civil society/academic meetings, participation in project and programme planning and monitoring exercises, and undertaking investigative assessments.
- The following provides a range of potential activities. The planning and timelines for these activities will be validated through a work plan, which will be reviewed every 2 months or more frequently if required.
- Strategic Research, Analysis and Advice
- Support for External Coordination and Engagement
- Program Development
- Program Implementation and Monitoring
- Support preparations for visits of key stakeholders to project and meeting sites in Nigeria.
- Attend meetings or events upon request and report back to DFATD.
- Provide input for the preparation of internal DFATD work plans, reviews and progress reports.
- Participate in and contribute to discussions during DFATD team meetings.
- Perform other duties and activities from time to time as requested.
- The technical specialist will submit the following deliverables, in English and in accordance with the approved timeline.
- Baseline assessment of operational DFATD development projects in Nigeria
- Regular work plans and reports.
- Analytical summaries, recommendations, backgrounders, briefing notes, reports and/or presentations on relevant issues, reviews, reports, budgets or audits of key issues, trends, reports, proposals submitted by external organizations.
- Technical comments on DFATD documents (studies, project approval documents, terms of reference, annual work plans, project implementation plans, proposals, meeting minutes, project progress reports, briefing notes for visitors, etc.).
- Other deliverables as directed by DFATD and identified in regular work plans.
Requirements for Technical Specialist (Health) Job Position at Field Support Services Project (Transtec Nigeria)
- Post-graduate degree, such as a Masters, from an accredited, recognized institution in relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience working in international development, at least 5 years of which should be in Nigeria.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in development programming, preferably with or for a bilateral or multilateral development institution.
- Demonstrated experience working with government and/or donors in a technical capacity with attention to project planning, budgeting and monitoring, including in government-donor coordination groups.
- Demonstrated experience of 5 years or more providing advice, including drafting briefing notes, sectoral analyses, and monitoring and assessment reports for senior decision makers in donor agencies, government or civil society organizations or private sector. Samples of work to be supplied upon request.
- Demonstrated experience in performing monitoring and/or external evaluation.
- Knowledge of results-based management (RBM) including the function of the logic model (LM) and performance measurement frameworks (PMF), and theories of change.
- Knowledge of development implementation issues and challenges to achieving project results.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, and skills in stakeholder analysis
- Demonstrated skill in time management and delivery of finalised reports/deliverables by deadline
- Demonstrated skill in time management and delivery of finalised reports/deliverables by deadline.
How To Apply For Field Support Services Project (Transtec Nigeria) Technical Specialist (Health) Recruitment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s (limit 4 pages) and Cover Letter (limit 2 pages) demonstrating how you meet the requirements list above and stating your current salary as a mail of separate attachments in word/pdf to: [email protected]
Application Closing Date
All applications for this job position must be submitted not later than 7th September, 2018.