Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PREP) / CECAP Advisor job vacancy exists at Jhpiego.
Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PREP) / CECAP Advisor job opportunity is available at Jhpiego for individuals who possess Advanced (Masters minimum) degree in Public Health, International Health or an advanced clinical degree in nursing or medicine.
- The TMEC / RISE program is a newly-awarded 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
- In Nigeria, TMEC / RISE comprising of Jhpiego, ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City and others will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
- This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95-95-95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria. The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance in Akwa-lbom, Cross River, Niger, and Adamawa.
Job Title: Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PREP) / CECAP Advisor .
Job Location: Abuja, FCT.
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
Duties And Responsibilities
- The RISE-Nigeria Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Advisor will serve as the main technical advisor for RISE-Nigeria’s efforts to scale up oral PrEP at the national, state, LGA, and Site levels.
- The incumbent will provide technical assistance and support to the national level efforts led by the FMOH in coordination with other implementing partners and stakeholders including NACA and NASCP.
- The incumbent will also work closely with stakeholders and leadership at the state level including SMOH, SACA, SASCP, partner IPs and CBOs.
- S/he will work with the RISE-Nigeria Technical Director to ensure that coordinated plans for PrEP scale up and implementation are built and sustained across the local and central government structures, and local CBOs.
- S/he will promote and ensure proper integration of PrEP with other activities particularly those related to HIV Testing services, reproductive health, family planning, and tuberculosis.
- The incumbent will represent RISE-Nigeria in relevant TWGs, task forces, and other coordinating bodies including on the CHOICE Learning Collaborative initiative, jointly convened by the RISE and EpiC projects.
Experience And Qualifications Requirements
- Experience managing and providing technical leadership to a large HIV prevention, testing and treatment portfolio
- Skilled in at least two or more of the following technical areas: HIV prevention, HIV testing and counseling, HIV care and treatment, quality improvement and monitoring and evaluation for HIV programs, and provision of integrated care including TB/HIV, cervical cancer screening and treatment services for women living with HIV, etc.
- Demonstrated experience training clinical or community-based healthcare workers on HIV prevention (or other relevant areas)
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature HIV/AIDS, family planning, TB, cervical cancer for WLHIV and STIs
- Proven leadership skills, as well as skills in training, facilitation, team building and coordination
- Strong change management, results-oriented and decision-making skills
- Strong leadership and technical capacity to support service delivery
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Demonstrated experience providing capacity building assistance at individual and organizational levels
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of MOH organizational structure and the Nigerian healthcare system, particularly the public health system
- Familiarity with MOH and USAID’s administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems, PEPFAR experience highly preferred
- Advanced (Masters minimum) degree in Public Health, International Health or an advanced clinical degree in nursing or medicine
- At least 5 years’ experience implementing and/or providing technical assistance in HIV prevention
- At least 5 years’ experience in implementing and/or providing technical assistance within a donor funded project of at least $5M per year
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Ability to travel nationally to project sites up to 50%, as needed
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10%, as needed.
4 p.m; 3rd March, 2020.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document indicating Location to: [email protected]
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified
- Nigerian nationals living in Abuja are strongly encouraged to apply
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at http://www.ihpiego.org/.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ALSO SEE: Other job vacancies available at Jhpiego.