World Health Organization (WHO) is recruiting for a Health Information Management & Risk Assessment (HIM) Officer in Nigeria (2018). Interested persons who are also qualified can apply.
The Health Information Management and Risk Assessment (HIM) Officer job at WHO has a salary starting at NGN19,538,402 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable).
World Health Organization (WHO) Health Information Management & Risk Assessment (HIM) Officer Recruitment
Job Title: Health Information Management & Risk Assessment (HIM) Officer
Ref No: 1804054
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration: 12 months
Objectives of the Programme
- The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to help countries, and to coordinate international action, to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and emergencies.
Description of Duties of Health Information Management & Risk Assessment Officer
The incumbent will carry out the following duties:
- Support the timely and high-quality collection, analyses, production and dissemination of data/information. This includes response specific information (what, where, who, how many, how quickly, current status), internal and external situation reports (SitReps), epidemic bulletins, rapid needs assessments, health risk assessments, Public Health Situation Analysis; and health inputs into humanitarian needs overviews (HNO), and strategic response plans (SRP)
- Contribute information to the drafting of all relevant planning documents including project proposals, appeals, reports, dashboards, etc.
- Aggregate and maintain inter-country information from WHO and partners including contact lists, performance monitoring, health indicator data, health situation data, and health response data 4. Perform basic geographic analysis for maps and other reports (such as dashboards, SitReps, etc)
- Support the Health Cluster IMO in (or undertake, if no HC IMO present) inter-agency initiatives, particularly with OCHA, related to information management, seeking to improve information sharing between institutions, to strengthen access to information from other organizations and clusters, and to contribute to inter-sectoral dashboards and reports
- Design field epidemiological surveys if/where needed, such as mortality and vaccination coverage surveys
- Provide ongoing technical guidance and training, to the team members and partners involved in the planning and data/ information management process; on data gathering and analysis, quality assurance, performance monitoring, information dissemination and management
- Perform any other related duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
Required Qualifications for WHO’s Health Information Management & Risk Assessment Officer Recruitment
- Essential: First University Degree in Information or Data Management, Computer Sciences, Statistics, Applied Math, Public Health, or a related field, Complemented By Training In Information Management from an accredited/recognized institute
- Desirable: Specialization in Information Management Systems, Training In Humanitarian Response Or Emergency Information Management.
- Essential: At least 5 years of experience in Information Management, Monitoring, Needs Assessment, Project Management, Data Management and Information Dissemination in the Public Health Sector or Health Development sector, part of which in emergency management or humanitarian context.
- Desirable: Working experience in related areas with WHO, other UN agencies or other recognizedinternational organizations
- Demonstrated ability to design, manage and analyze complex information system projects, computer-based applications and databases, web-based tools
- High level of analytical skills. Knowledge of information management, production of situational reports and data presentation
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
- Use of Language Skills.
- Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NGN19,538,402 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
How to Apply for WHO Health Information Management & Risk Assessment Officer Recruitment 2018
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply.
Application Closing Date
All applications for the World Health Organization Health Information Management & Risk Assessment officer job vacancy must be submitted not later than 10th September, 2018.
- The deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
We wish you the very best!!!