Grants Officer job vacancy at Karisa Consults Limited. The job position of Grants Officer is available at Karisa Consults Limited for individuals who possess Bachelor’s degree / Master in English, Journalism, Media, or any related field.
Who is Karisa Consults Limited?
Job Title: Grants Officer.
Job Location: Lagos State.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintain working knowledge of the Foundation’s programs and priority funding areas and remain abreast of current research, activities, and trends in the philanthropic sector.
- Maintain regular communication with other Foundation professionals through Peak Grantmaking, Grantmakers for Effective Organizations, Council on Foundations, and/or other such networks in the philanthropic space.
- Monitor grants for legal, financial, and program compliance including but not limited to ensuring that grant requirements are correctly documented in the grant files and database.
- Monitor and document the grantmaking workflow processes, forms, templates, reports and data to assure full compliance with internal controls and legal requirements.
- Generate reports and data analysis for program and finance team or board.
- Problem-solve complex grant scenarios; consult/liaise with finance and/or legal counsel.
- Work with finance to generate reporting required for compliance and financial statement audits
- Partner with Director of Programs and Director of Finance to ensure accurate and adequate paper and electronic document retention.
- Submit proposals within deadlines to grant coordinators or concerned people for approvals
- Prepares proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal and attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Enters and monitors tracking data.
- Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Experience And Qualifications Requirements
- Strong research skills and multi tasking
- Excellent written skills with proper knowledge of grammar
- Ability to understand the project requirements, the organization, departments and its functions
- Self-driven, pro-active, ability to work effectively and independently
- Experienced in handling highly confidential matters with discretion
- Responsible, organized and provides attention to details
- Knowledge of computer and software programs
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree / Master in English, Journalism, Media, or any related field
- Minimum of 5years experience in grant writing, prospect research, general fundraising.
10th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and equally qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title and the Location” as the subject of the email.