The World Health Organization (WHO) Country Preparedness & IHR (CPI) Officer recruitment for 2018 is currently ongoing. The WHO invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for recruitment into the Country Preparedness & IHR (CPI) Officer job position.
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. The annual base salary for this job starts at NGN19,538,402.
Details of WHO Country Preparedness & IHR (CPI) Officer Vacancy
Job Title: Country Preparedness & IHR (CPI) Officer
Ref No: 1804055
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 12 months
Objectives of The Programme
- The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme is to build the capacity of Member States for epidemic preparedness, manage health emergency risks and strengthen the countries IHR core capacities to effectively detect and respond to public health events of national and international concern.
Description of Duties
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives; include main achievements expected): The incumbent will carry out the following duties:
- Support the Ministry of Health/NCDC to develop comprehensive and integrated policies and strategies for International Health Regulations (IHR) and Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR).
- Facilitate the implementation of the International Health Regulations (IHR) including participation in the process of verification and risk assessment on reported public health events.Support the planning and implementation of IHR internal evaluation and Joint External Evaluation including development of national action plan.
- Coordinate and manage surveillance technical activities, within the context of the outbreak and health emergencies programme at the national and state levels.
- Strengthen the capacities of surveillance teams for the effective and sustained surveillance of epidemic prone diseases through detection, data management, and rapid response to epidemics and health outbreaks.
- Provide technical guidance for the management of a unified information system to ensure availability of core data country files and other information on related technical areas such as: case incidence; case management surveillance data; laboratory surveillance data; contact tracing, etc.;
- Support the Ministry of Health and NCDC in the implementation of electronic IDSR and ensure its interoperability with HMIS.
- Analyse, systematize, and disseminate scientific and evidence-based technical information and knowledge; support the development of the WHO Situation Reports, other related regular and ad hoc surveillance reportsManage the timely collection, analyses, production and dissemination of data/information.
- Support documentation and publication of health security and emergencies interventions Support resource mobilizationPerform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisors
Required Qualifications for World Health Organization (WHO) Country Preparedness & IHR (CPI) Officer Job
- Essential: Medical Degree (MBBS) from a recognized University
- Desirable: Master of Public Health from a recognized University
- Essential: At least 5 years working experience in Health emergency preparedness and response.
- Desirable: Working experience in related areas with WHO, other UN agencies or other recognized international organizations.
These are the required experience essential to the World Health Organization (WHO) Country Preparedness & IHR (CPI) Officer recruitment.
- Demonstrate innovative, analytical and problem- solving skills; coordination, supervision, monitoring and evaluation skills; ability to lead policy level dialogue, advocacy and partnerships on health emergency preparedness and response
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Promoting innovation and organizational learning
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NGN19,538,402 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
How to Apply for Country Preparedness & IHR (CPI) Officer Recruitment At WHO – 2018
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
The deadline for submission of applications for this job position is 10th September, 2018.
Note: The deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.